Thursday, May 16, 2013

Confessions of a bad truster OR The Boogie Man and God

There I was, a grown woman, watching a Veggie Tales with my grandbaby, with tears running down my cheeks.  Why?  Because I'm a bad truster, that's why.  As long as I can remember, I've been that way.  My husband, on the other hand, has an unshakeable faith in God, and trusts almost everyone he meets.  That's not to say he's gullible, he just doesn't like to think badly of anyone.  So, while he trusts everyone, I trust very few people.  And while he trusts God completely, I know I should, but it's much harder for me.  
We are at a time in our lives that we had hoped would be less stressful, more relaxing, and financially more settled.  Unfortunately, that's not the way our lives are going.  After 25 years of dedication, faithfullness and going waaaaaayyy above and beyond the call of duty, my husband became semi-retired.  He and his employer sat down and worked out a plan that would allow him to return to work on a part time basis.  They worked out the pay scale, insurance details, etc.  "Great!!!!!" , I thought, "We'll have more time to visit family, work around the house and relax!".  Well, you guessed it......things are not working out as planned.  Between broken agreements, shrinking paychecks, increasing bills and financial stresses, ...let's just say I was (and still am a little)  having a hard time trusting that God's gonna get us through.
Here's where the Veggie's come in.. I'm sitting in my living room singing along with the show when it suddenly hits me what I'm singing
"God is bigger than the boogie man....", and the tears start. The boogie man can seem really huge! But God is huge-r. I might not like the situation we're in, I might not like what God's going to take us through, it might be really painful and more than likely my trust will waiver, but He won't waiver!  I remember giving this advice and cousel to my kids....'sometimes going through something is painful but it's always better on the other side.'  Yeah, I know, I should practice what I preach.  He never said we'd never have tough times, but He's always brought us through. 
So, dear friends, please pray for this self admitted 'bad-truster'.  Because even though my head knows "....He's watchin' out for you and me...."  my heart still needs to be reminded to "Be still, and know that I am God."
PS...if you want to buy the Veggie Tales that I mentioned you can get it on Amazon and if you buy something, I get a little something too!




I'm linked here:
Missional WomenNo Ordinary Blog Hop Weekend Bloggy Reading
From Inmates to PlaydatesOne Artsy Mama

TheBetterMom.com

1 comment:

  1. This was such a great post! I think we all go through worries and stress and have trouble trusting God through everything. We all have to be reminded that God is totally and completely in control and He's so very much bigger than anything we can imagine....He did make the world and everything in it, including what is now the source of our worry and stress, after all!

    I'll keep your family in my prayers, too. Isn't it funny how God can use little things like Veggie Tales to remind us of things?

    Thank you for participating in Faithful Fridays!

    God bless,
    Joy :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends, I love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment. But remember, keep it clean and if you could post in English so I can read it, I'd appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...