Things a new mother (or babysitting gramma) have to look forward to:
- Sleeping all night (OK, my grandchildren go home at night so this doesn't really apply to me)
- Taking a shower when you
needwant to instead of when you can fit it in.
- Using the bathroom in private.....with the door closed.
- Drinking a full cup of coffee-----hot!
- Eating your dinner off your own plate instead of finishing what your child doesn't finish off theirs
- Watching something on TV other than Veggie Tales (I have to say though, my husband and I get a kick out of them)
- Speaking in full sentences
- Wearing a hairstyle that doesn't involve a headband or 'messy bun" (Goes along with #2)
- When your wardrobe consists fo something other than t-shirts and yoga pants.
- Completing a telephone call
- Smelling like eau de perfume instead of eau de spit-up
- Standing in the grocery line without swaying, rocking or bouncing
- Not having to hurdle child gates
- Doing things with both hands......at the same time
- Having copies of home decorating magazines on your coffee table instead of Winnie the Pooh
- Having a song stuck in your head other than "Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere...."
- Walking out to your car like a human being instead of a pack mule (Diaper bag, purse, car seat, baby,etc)
- When the attributes of the contents of a diaper are not the major topic of conversation
- When grocery shopping becomes a chore once again instead of 'mommy's day out'
- When you can once again use your snow shovel for the white stuff instead of shoveling toys.
Of course you also have lots of hugs and kisses and "I love you's" to look forward to. Believe me....those will make up for all the little inconveniences !
I'll risk repeating myself and say how much I LOVE being able to spend time with my grandchildren....ALL of them. What a blessing it is to get to watch them learn and grow. One thing that struck me as I was writing this, was how fortunate we are to have modern technology, so we can email, instant message, skype, etc. It is so much easier to keep in touch with them even though they aren't close by.
I'd love to hear what things you come up with to add to the list.
I'm linked up here: